Strategic Plan of the MCBA
The Monroe County Bar Association is an organization of diverse legal professionals, recognized and respected for their proactive, innovative initiatives that promote professionalism in the practice of law, deliver relevant legal information, and advocate for the legal system to promote access to justice.
To achieve this vision, on behalf of its members, the Monroe County Bar Association:
• Promotes the highest level of legal skill and ethical professionalism Values
• Provides benefits and services to enhance and support its members’ professional experience
• Provides current, relevant legal information and education
• Represents and advocates for the interests of its members in matters affecting the legal profession and the justice system
• Champions access to justice
The MCBA believes that as a professional association committed to serving the legal profession, it is imperative to:
• Promote diversity and inclusiveness in its leadership, membership and staff, and encourage diversity in law firms and law departments;
• Advocate excellence among members of the profession, and assist them to effectively and efficiently represent their clients;
• Advance the highest ethical standards governing the profession;
• Encourage public service and a commitment to access to justice;
• Foster a sense of collegiality, and facilitate networking among members of the bar;
• Encourage and support innovation and leadership to enhance the association’s achievement of its mission;
• Recognize and value the generous contributions and dedication of the members and leadership of our volunteer organization.
Key strategic goals
The MCBA will strive to achieve the following key goals to fulfill its mission:
1. Legal Education and Information. Be an indispensable, top-quality, convenient educational and informational resource, through timely, informative CLE’s roundtable discussions, speaker’s forums, journals and other media.
2. Dynamic Resource for Member Services. Continually develop and update innovative and effective programs to serve the changing needs of its members, toward enhancing their practices and their lives.
3. Advocate for the Legal Profession. Actively participate in representing and advocating for the legal profession in the Rochester community to strengthen and enhance the practice of law and the provision of legal
4. Service to the Community. Promote programs, events and participation that facilitate and recognize the positive contributions of the legal profession, toward improving the reputation and integrity of the profession and access to justice.
5. Member Recognition. Value and recognize professional excellence and the generous civic contributions of its diverse members and leadership.
6. Growth of Membership and Resources. Promote the services of the MCBA through enhanced marketing and strategic focus, to grow MCBA membership, value and reputation, toward increasing resources to better serve its members.