The Foundation established its Humanitarian Award in 2003 to recognize individuals and organizations whose service to the community of Monroe exemplifies the charitable and humane purposes of the Foundation.
- Supporting legal education
- Making legal institutions more responsive to the public interest
- Improving the delivery of legal services
- Encouraging legal services to the underserved
- Improving the administration of justice and encouraging a better understanding of the law by the public.